You can confidently go for a cheaper baitcasting reel without compromising with the quality. A good baitcasting reel has easy user control, comfortable support, accuracy, and reliability. You’d be surprised that many relatively expensive reels fail in one or the other such aspect. The best baitcasting reels under $50 will never disappoint you.
All of our selected baitcasting reels are fast in operation, light in weight, and durable. Customers often misinterpret price for the quality. Like many other things in the world, this is not true for baitcasting reels. A cheaper reel may serve you a lifetime. You need to pay attention to the features that actually define the quality of a fishing reel. This article describes all the selected fishing reels in detail so that you choose the best.
We have selected the best fishing reels under $50
- KastKing Royale Legend: quality construction and fast operation
- Abu Garcia Black Max: faster and smoother operation
- Piscifun Torrent Baitcasting Reel: most durable and the cheapest
Look for these quality features in your best baitcasting reel
No fishing reel can be bought without having thorough information about its working. You need to be sure that you are offered the gear ratio that you think is perfect for baitcasting. The spool size should be enough to tackle the fish you are aiming at. We have explained all the features you need to look into while choosing the best baitcasting reel.
You’ll require a bigger gear ratio as the size of your lures increases. Bigger lures require larger gear ratios to produce faster action. Smaller fishes can be easily tackled by fishing reels with smaller gear ratios.
A drag system works in order to stop the fish offering resistance. It serves to powerfully challenge its escape and bring it closer to getting caught. You need to be careful because a too strong drag may apply more force than necessary. Such abrupt force could break the fishing line.
You need a drag system that applies the right amount of force for the type of fish you are chasing.
A large sized spool is recommended so that you never run out of fishing line. Make sure that an additional length of spool doesn’t render your fishing reel too heavy. You will not be comfortable holding that extra weight for a long time.
Smoothness of operation
Fishing reels employ ball bearing in order to reduce friction between the moving parts. The gear and the handle should work smoothly, without additional frictional forces. This also enhances the life of the fishing reel.
A good braking system prevents backlash on the baitcasting reel. Braking system creates tension on the fishing line so that no knots or unusual motions occur that could spoil several of your fishing attempts.
The line capacity of your baitcasting reel depends on the diameter of the fishing line used. Many anglers prefer braided lines for certain heavier varieties of fish. The line capacity of your reel will thus change with the type of reel you use.
The handle of your baitcasting reel should be of adequate size. You should be able to hold and grip it comfortably. You’ll be able to apply more rotational force with a longer handle.
Make sure the reel handle is suited to your dominant hand.
Make sure your fishing reel is suited to the fish you are chasing
Baitcasting reels can be efficiently used in both freshwater and saltwater. Bigger fishes are best caught with quality baitcasting fishing reels. Baitcasters are incomparable when it comes to catching bass.
While noting the above essential features, remember to check the warranty of the fishing reel you choose.
Three best baitcasting reels under $50
One of these baitcasting reels might become your companion for every fishing trip after this day.
KastKing Royale Legend Baitcasting Reel
One best feature of the KastKing Royale Legend fishing reels is their excellent braking system. The magnetic and centrifugal brakes let you throw the best casts efficiently. This feature is usually absent in the much more expensive baitcasting reels. You never have to worry about experiencing backlash while using this reel.
In addition to this, the high gear ratio will speedily drive back each big trophy that tries to escape. The gear ratio of 7:1 is reportedly higher than other comparable reels.
The strong drag system for this reel has four plate carbon fibre construction. The ball bearings are corrosion free to offer a smooth gear and handle operation.
Overall, this baitcasting reel is lightweight. The design and construction is quite extraordinary. For a price less than $50, KastKing Royale offers commendable performance.
The solid graphite construction offers durability and can sustain rough handling. Although some plastic parts may require a little extra care, this reel is overall strong.
Be it professionals or beginners, KastKing Royale Legend is the perfect baitcasting reel for all lovers of big fish. Many users report that learning to operate this reel perfectly takes time. Despite that, many anglers refer to this reel as the swiftest and most reliable baitcasting reel. Know this fishing reel better through its pros and cons.
- A high gear ratio of 7:1 allows this baitcasting reel to catch the heaviest fish with the swiftest action
- The graphite construction renders it lightweight
- The aluminium forging makes this fishing reel resistant to corrosion
- The dual magnetic and centrifugal braking system offers the best possible control over casting
- The carbon fibre drag system is strong and durable
- The 11+1 stainless steel ball bearings are durable and render smoothness to the whole operation of this reel
- The baitcasting reel works with minimal noise
- The spool function can be easily learned by beginners
- This is a very efficient reel for catching big sized fishes
- The handle grips for this reel are very comfortable
- This reel can sustain rough handling in the waters
- The maintenance of this reel is easy
- KastKing Royale Legend comes with a one year warranty
- This reel will not work efficiently for lighter fishes
- A few fragile plastic parts may compromise the overall durability of this fishing reel
- The thumb press is not quite perfect
- Some users report that more extra time and practice is needed to master this fishing reel
Abu Garcia Black Max Baitcasting Reel
The best feature of this baitcasting reel is its very powerful performance. This reel will serve as your sturdy fishing partner who neither gets tired nor lets you tire yourself. This is possible because of its lightweightness and supremely abled drag and brakes.
The compact graphite structure of this baitcasting reel enables it to be so light that you don’t get tired lifting it all day. This, accompanied with the super efficient drag system makes it a fantastic retriever to rely on.
The gear ratio for this reel is perfect for a baitcaster. It will allow you to confidently aim at heavy fish and some smaller variety of fish too. Your reel is sure to work smoothly and hold back those struggling fish faster.
The braking system for this baitcaster is magnetic. It allows you to throw bait upto long distances and prevents backlash to a considerable extent.
This reel can ideally be paired with all kinds of rods. The sleek and compact structure offers competition to more expensive baitcasting reels that do not even offer a comparable performance.
Learning to work on this reel is easier as compared to other reels in this category. The pros and cons will offer you a wider perspective.
- This is one of the most compact and lightweight baitcasting reels
- The minimal structure allows it to be used with just any type of fishing rod
- The graphite structure makes the reel lightweight and strong at the same time
- The powerful performance is owed to the sturdy drag system
- The gear ratio of 6:1 allows this reel to be used for a larger variety of fishes
- Many competing baitcasters are only capable of catching large-sized fish
- The gear system is constructed out of brass so that it has more flexibility and better winding abilities
- The smoothness of this reel is adequate
- The reel’s handle is bent for gaining extra rotational force and providing more comfort
- This baitcaster will allow you to throw casts upto longer distances
- The line capacity of this reel is more than other comparable reels
- Many users report that this reel gets extremely noisy when overworked
- An extra amount of weight may be required for casting upto longer distances
Piscifun Torrent Baitcasting Reel
This reel is best known for its excellent ability to tackle the heaviest fish that may come. The high quality brass gear in this reel offers a high gear ratio that’ll make you beat the most stubborn monster in fishing waters.
Making powerful moves with ease is exactly what good fishing gear is meant for. This reel is quite versatile. This is owed entirely to its peculiar gear ratio.
The drag system is very strong and powerful. The mightiest fish cannot escape its hold. The fishing line is supported by winding shafts on either side of the reel’s body.
This feature aids in preventing the twisting and turning of line that usually occur with baitcasting reels. This also enhances the winding ability of the reel. The handle for this reel is bent to provide additional torque that visibly increases the overall power.
This reel has one special feature for enhanced smoothness. Although the stainless steel ball bearings function to render this device adequately smooth.
There is an oil port that allows you to add additional oil for more lubrication. The reel in turn becomes more smooth and requires even less effort to operate. You don’t even have to disassemble the reel in order to lubricate its frictional parts. This feature is absent in comparatively more expensive fishing reels.
The baits can be confidently cast upto long distances, even in vegetation laden waters. You can pair this lightweight baitcasting reel with any fishing rod and have a robust fishing session.
Even beginners can get used to this reel pretty soon and marvel at its power. Have a look at the pros and cons to decide better for yourself.
- Piscifun Torrent Baitcasting reel works efficiently with all kinds of fishing lines, lures, and baits.
- This reel is supremely efficient in catching bass
- You can even aim for big bass hiding underwater
- This baitcasting reel is supremely powerful in tackling the mightiest fish you’d come across
- The strong drag system makes it impossible for the heaviest fish to escape
- The handle of this reel is long and bent to offer additional torque
- The gear ratio is perfect for powerful action
- There is an oil port for easy lubrication of moving parts without having to disassemble the whole structure
- The double line winding shafts make the fishing line stable throughout its function
- This reel ks extremely smooth to work with
- The three-layered drag washers for this reel are made of carbon and allow you to have excellent control
- Beginners will not have difficulty getting used to this reel’s function
- The company offers a year long warranty
- Many users report that this reel is not very comfortable to hold despite the strength of the handle and the thumb support
- This reel has been reported to be very noisy when overworked
- The noise is louder at times because of brake adjustments
- Some users have reviewed this reel to be very heavy as compared to other competitive reels
- One user reported that the gears cannot be relied on as they sometimes disengage and refuse to work
One of the above is your best baitcasting reel under $50
All three of the above baitcasting reels are known for their lightweightedness, durability, and quality despite the low price. The KastKing Royale Legend Baitcasting reel is best known for its superior and highly efficient braking system. The most powerful baitcasting reel under $50 would be Abu Garcia Blackmax. The Piscifun Torrent can easily be called the most versatile baitcasting reel under $50.